In November 2013, super typhoon Haiyan hit Tacloban City, Leyte. It was one of the strongest super typhoons that ever hit landfall. Today, the city continues to reel from the typhoon’s devastation due to climate change. The Bayanihan Foundation continues to invest in long-term sustainability projects beyond disaster relief.
In July 2019, the Bayanihan Foundation donated two used Apple desktop computers, printer, sign language books, and accessories. Leyte National High School teachers and staff are extremely appreciative of the donation. However, the small donation will be shared by 51 students with special learning needs and those who are hearing & visually impaired. It is not enough!
You can help the children at Leyte National High School who are visually and hearing impaired to recover and thrive. We need your help to donate more of these resources and help students who have learning disabilities. Your donation will help build a computer lab will also help students who have learning disabilities. Such a computer lab in a public high school dedicated to learners with special needs will be the first one in the island of Leyte. Will you make this gift of education a reality? Because learning and education is much needed especially those who have special needs.
- Your donation of $5 can buy one book of sign language and materials for one child,
- Your donation of $50 can buy 5 months of Internet access for 39 children,
- Your donation of $100 can buy 3 speakers and headsets for the hearing impaired,
- Your donation of $500 can buy one used computer with assistive technologies for the hearing and visually impaired,
- Your donation of $1,000 can buy one big screen TV and one printer to help the teacher learning process, OR
- Your donation of $3,000 can pay for the computer lab and name it in your honor.
The 2019 NEXTGEN participants, Richelle Caday, Camillo Geaga, and Jacob Olaguir joined Evelyn Castillo and I in presenting the small donation the Bayanihan Foundation has made. They welcomed us into their classroom. I was struck that 51 students will share the meager donations we’ve given them. You can help change all that by donating to this Go Fund Me page
A donation of any amount will help expand this computer lab in a public high school dedicated to learners with special needs. It’ll probably be the first one in the island of Leyte. Will you make this gift of education a reality? Because learning and education is much needed especially those who have special needs. Donate securely online at this Go Fund Me page or by clicking on Paypal button on the top right hand corner of this page.