On March 5, 2016, the Bayanihan Foundation hosted a garage sale in partnership with the St. Wenceslaus Parish Club in Chicago, IL. The foundation raised much-needed funds to support the women vendors at Cebu’s Carbon Market. Besides raising funds, the foundation built community and demonstrated its extended reach of over 100 volunteers and supporters.
The Bayanihan Foundation would not have been able to pull a successful event without the support of a long list of volunteers and supporters:
- Nora Castillo of St. Wenceslaus Church Parish Club
- Jeselle Santiago
- Shirley Pintado of St. Wenceslaus Church Parish Club
- Volunteers from the St. Wenceslaus Church Parish Club (Paulette, Stephen, Rose, Angie, Oscar, Ernie and many others)
- Volunteers from the Bayanihan Foundation (Julia Widmaier, Will Dix, Emerita Bernales, Marc Butiong, David Aldeza and many others)
- Donations of garage sale items from Bayanihan Foundation (Joanne Garces and JP Jael, Maria Ferrera, Jolynne Andal, Ed Vergara, Sionie Sales, Shirley Pintado, Will Dix, Julia Widmaier and many others)
- Donations of thousands of garage sale items from the parishioners of the St. Wenceslaus Church Parish Club
The Bayanihan Foundation also wants to thank its donors that donated cash and in-kind donations to the garage sale: Marc Butiong, Shirley Pintado and Nora Castillo. The Bayanihan Foundation also wants to extend its thanks to the St. Wenceslaus Church for letting us use its basement space and for Fr. John Nowak for conducting the opening blessing of the event. The Bayanihan Foundation once again demonstrated that the community spirit of helping each other and building community is alive and well.