For 2019-2020, the Bayanihan Foundation established the following priorities:
- NEXTGEN Fellowship – Encouraging young Filipino Americans to travel to the Philippines, connect with their Filipino heritage, and promoting them to give locally and globally.
- Community Giving Circle – leverage donations to foster diaspora philanthropy among young Filipino Americans as part of a giving circle.
- Giporlos, Samar – Developing long-term, sustainable projects in education and health in Giporlos, Samar, beyond initial disaster relief efforts in 2014;
- Iligan City, Mindanao – Supporting diaspora philanthropic donations in Iligan City with the support of local Rotary clubs and the Zakat Foundation;
- Liloan, Cebu – Promoting environmental youth education and planting thousands of mangrove seedlings in Liloan, Cebu, with the support of the Visayas Mindanao Resource & Development Center (VMPRDC) and board member James Castillo; and
- Advocacy & Public Awareness – Encouraging Filipinos abroad to help Filipinos at home including: 1) advocacy for Filipino Amerasian children of U.S. military, abandoned in the Philippines; and 2) public awareness of the toxic legacy at the Subic and Clark Bases
We hope you will join us. For more information, please contact us by completing the form below: