In November 2013, super typhoon Haiyan hit Tacloban City, Leyte. It was one of the strongest super typhoons that ever hit landfall. Today, the city continues to reel from the typhoon’s devastation due to climate change. In 2019, the Bayanihan Foundation continues to invest in the region when all the nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and aid groups have packed up and left. You can help make the foundation’s dream of long-term sustainability and help children at Leyte National High School who are visually and hearing impaired recover and thrive.
In 2019, Bayanihan Foundation plans to build a computer lab for tudents who are visual and hearing impaired. The computer lab will also help students who have learning disabilities. Such a computer lab in a public high school dedicated to learners with special needs will be the first one in the island of Leyte. Will you make this gift of education a reality? Because learning and education is much needed especially those who have special needs.
- Your donation of $5 can buy one book of sign language and materials for one child,
- Your donation of $50 can buy 5 months of Internet access for 39 children,
- Your donation of $100 can buy 3 speakers and headsets for the hearing impaired,
- Your donation of $500 can buy one used computer with assistive technologies for the hearing and visually impaired,
- Your donation of $1,000 can buy one big screen TV and one printer to help the teacher learning process, OR
- Your donation of $5,0000 can pay for the computer lab and name it in your honor.
Evelyn Castillo and I visited the students who are visual and hearing impaired and those with special learning needs. They welcomed us into their classroom. I was struck that their classroom did not have a single computer or assistive technology or device to help them with their learning. You can help change all that.
A donation of any amount will help make the first computer lab in a public high school dedicated to learners with special needs, and probably the first one in the island of Leyte. Will you make this gift of education a reality? Because learning and education is much needed especially those who have special needs. Donate securely online by clicking on Paypal button on the top right hand corner of this page.