In July 2015, I traveled with the Kaluluwa Kolectivo and the NEXTGEN Fellows. I joined a new generation of Filipino Americans “returning home” for the first time. They explored pre-colonial spiritual practices to create community. They explored their heritage and looked into ways of giving back. We found generosity everywhere.
I would like to invite you to an exciting and interactive REPORT BACK in Chicago, IL to share with you the memorable experiences of the trip. This Chicago event will be held on August 29, 2015 at DePaul University Schmitt Academic Center, 2320 N. Kenmore Ave. Room 280 Chicago. We will have:
- Interactive rain exhibit and photos
- Art & journal sharing
- ‘Tabi tabi po” (please stand aside) table
- Sharing of personal stories
- Display of malongs, traditional hand-woven “tube skirt” made of multi-colored cotton cloth
You are welcome to invite your friends and family. Filipino snacks and refreshments will also be served. I know that many supporters of the Bayanihan Foundation are located outside the Chicago area. You are also invited to support the Foundation and join the Indiegogo online crowd fundraising campaign: http://igg.me/at/bayanihan
Your donation will make sure that the NEXTGEN Fellowship will continue beyond its first year. You can also help in other ways:
1. Like us and Share on Facebook and social media. Use the Indiegogo crowd fundraising share tools: http://igg.me/at/bayanihan
2. Follow the blog at www.fdnbayanihan.org
3. Tell your friends and family about this campaign and the Bayanihan Foundation
4. Attend one of the upcoming events planned in Chicago, IL and in Los Angeles, CA: a) Sunday September 27, 2015 – luncheon house party at the home of Dale Asis’ mother, 3752 N. Central Park Ave. Chicago. Enjoy a home-cooked Filipino meal; and b) October 2015 – final campaign send off in Los Angeles, CA (date and details to be confirmed)
I invite you to donate and be part of this. Small changes lead to large results. Your contribution will change these young people’s lives but will also changing the world.